With two under his belt at the tender age of twenty-five, Trout is already on pace to break Barry Bonds' record of seven MVP Awards.
Will he actually break the record?
It's easy to bet against him, but it's not impossible. In his first five full seasons, he's won the award twice and has been the runner-up the other three seasons. Assuming he stays healthy... it wouldn't surprise me if he won the award six more times over the next ten to twelve years.
I guess only time will tell. Regardless he'll hopefully be entertaining fans with his bat and glove for many years to come.
While we're waiting to see if Trout (or even Bryant) can approach Bonds' record... let's check out the Sports Card Trifecta I built of Barry.
Rookie Card: 1987 Topps #320
This card is without a doubt my favorite rookie card of Bonds. The perfectly timed and centered action shot go perfectly with the wood grained border to make a great looking rookie card for one of the best hitters I've had the privilege to watch.
Autographed Card: 2001 Topps Gallery Autographs #GABB
Memorabilia Card: 2002 Topps 206 Relics #BB2
Well there you have it. This is officially the twelfth baseball Sports Card Trifecta in my collection. If you'd like to check out the other eleven, click here.
Okay... now that the election hype has died down... let's get controversial:
If you had a Hall of Fame vote, would Barry have your support?
Whatever my response is... there's gonna be people who don't agree. That's what makes this such a great topic to discuss. With that being said... I'd let him in. Plenty of players used PED's during that era and if Cooperstown allows guys who used greenies or doctored balls into their club then I feel that they should let one of the greatest hitters of all-time in as well.
As usual... I look forward to reading and responding to your comments. I hope all of you are having a great week.
Happy Thursday and sayonara!




0 Comments